Marlene L. Grant Professional Corporation

Chartered Professional Accountant, Certified General Accountant

Vehicle expense recording

If you are claiming automobile expenses for business purposes you need to keep accurate records in order to avoid having amounts claimed disallowed by Canada Revenue Agency.

Tax tip for business owners and individuals

Canada Revenue Agency provides the E-Pass for Individuals or Businesses.  The E-Pass is a valuable free tool that you can use to stay on top of your personal and business tax situation.

Barrhaven Business Profile

The Barrhaven Independent has published a Business Profile article about us, after clicking the read more link you can use the link below the article to have it appear fullscreen.

HST transition payments

Small businesses which are currently receiving $300 to $1,000.00 from the Ontario Government to help with the HST transition, please be aware that the amounts are taxable and must be included as revenue for the company.

Serious consequences for failure to file T-1135

Failure to file T1135 regarding all foreign held properties including shares in foreign companies may result in CRA charging you penalties of $25 per day to a maximum of 100 days until the form has been filed.

Marlene's Newsflash

Stay informed about breaking tax issues

Tax Tips and Traps

Stay informed about breaking tax issues